airG is a pioneer in the mobile software industry having released its first mobile application in 2000. Since then the company's products and services have been used by over 100 million consumers globally, generating more than $1 billion in revenues.
Though we have grown to be a multi-national corporation with a strong balance sheet – we remain true to our formative entrepreneurial roots. Our commercial success comes through financing our teams to take big risks – and challenging them to work in small autonomous groups to solve complex problems. Each product team is supported by seasoned sales, creative, legal, and business development teams maximizing the probability of commercial success. At airG, we are not afraid of building products that may fail – we're more afraid of missing opportunities by not trying.
We are in search of a Software Developer to join our Product Integrations team.
As our Software Developer – Product Integrations you will be responsible for the integration and deployment of airG’s mobile and web based products. This involves understanding requirements from vendors and customers, producing high-quality solutions to integrate the products, performing design/code reviews, testing and debugging, product launching, and providing post-launch support.
For this role, you will:
• Work with the business solutions team on product integrations, deployment, and support activities
• Support the review and refinement of customer requirements, with focus on billing and SMS integrations
• Design and implement billing solutions; configure and customize the products based on customer requirements
• Integrate and maintain WAP platform
• Conduct design and code reviews with peers and team members; perform testing and issues resolution to maintain high quality standard
• Launch products and provide ongoing support for the customized solutions
• Maintain and improve existing billing integrations to maximize revenue
• Continuously updating knowledge of airG’s mobile and web based products and services
• Continuously updating knowledge of airG’s application platforms and network infrastructure
• Continuously look for ways to increase monetization, automate processes, and improve internal tools at airG
• Minimum 2 years experience in a Software Developer role
• Ability to produce high quality solutions based on customer requirements is a must
• Experience developing in the Linux programming environments is desirable
• External customer facing experience
• Active problem solver with a willingness to challenge the status quo and make recommendations for improvements
• Ability to work on multiple projects within strict deadlines
• Sound decision making and time management skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Takes initiative and ownership on work projects
• Ability to work independently and/or as a collaborative team member
• Thrives in a fast-paced, constantly changing technical environment
• Post secondary education in computing science or computer engineering or an equivalent program
• Experience in mobile web development and/or mobile application development is a strong asset
• Experience in SMS development (SMPP protocol and SMSC) is an asset
We offer an attractive and competitive compensation package including a comprehensive benefits plan with a flexible wellness program, and staff purchase plan for mobile devices.
To learn more about airG – our exciting opportunities, culture, benefits and perks – go to airg.com